Sunday, March 26, 2017

Slowly But Surely Getting There

The Font~
After figuring out my cover and the layout of it I now move on to the more specific stuff, like... FONT! Different fonts are used for different types of magazines depending on the magazine content and what idea or message they are trying to convey to their audience. As I surfed the web for tattoo magazine font ideas, I came across this website where you can search up fonts for anything you want. There are over 138 fonts I could use for my magazine, so I guess I need to start checking each one to see what would fit my magazine better. I also used Pinterest, the amazing application Ms. Marchetti shared with us, and I found interesting fonts once I searched up "tattoo magazine font" like these:
These fonts try to convey the idea of letters as tattoo letters
in an abstract sort of way.




















To be honest, I kind of dig the idea of my font being abstract and giving it my magazine a different kind of look. 

Another  incredible awesome website that I found while surfing the web was one that talks about the psychology of fonts. It's quite informative and now I know that I will have to use an artistic font because they are for "custom creations", like tattoos. The artistic fonts create some sort of visual design for my theme, in this case tattoo, so I want to incorporate that into my magazine. 

Sources:
"132+ Results for Tattoo Magazine." Tattoo Magazine () - Abstract Fonts. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Mar. 2017.
"Font Psychology: What Your Font Says About Your Website." MonsterPost. N.p., 08 Nov. 2016. Web. 24 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment