Thursday, March 23, 2017

Co(lor)ver

We are now three weeks into our project and I still haven't created a draft or a layout for my cover. After putting a lot of thought into it I might not even end up using a woman for my cover, which means I am breaking away from the norm even more. While I surfed the web for ideas and inspirations I came across this website where a this picture caught my attention:



I don't know why I was so mesmerized by the color contrast between the black and white background and the extremely colorful and vibrant scarf on the dog. This ignited an idea in my head about changing my cover. I am now thinking my cover is going to be all black and white with a very vibrant and colorful arm with a sleeve tattoo, or in a more technical term, a 'color splash'. That would be a cover that catches people's attention and plus I think my target audience(men and women ranging from ages 16-25) would be as intrigued as I am.






I kind of have a picture in my head of what I want my cover to look like, with the man standing where the shop is visible and the whole background and picture to be black and white except for his sleeve tattoo. I made a layout so it's easier to picture my idea.
Thanks to Snapchat's great features
I was able to portray my idea on
paper, or should I say on screen.
I'm going to have to head over to a tattoo shop in order to shoot pictures of people with sleeve tattoos since I don't really know anyone who has a sleeve tattoo. I am planning on going this weekend but I will be looking for a specific man to pose for me.

Sources:
Beta, Brodie. "10 Photo Effect Apps to Make Your Android or IPhone Shots Spectacular." The Next Web. N.p., 17 Mar. 2016. Web. 23 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment