Monday, April 3, 2017

Creation Process Starts

I'm back and I can proudly say I am starting my cover..

The color combination that appears
on the website that caught my eye.
I really wanted to use Ignacio's tattoo picture because I think it really makes a statement and it will most definitely catch my audiences eye. Ignacio's tattoo covers his whole shoulder (it's a wolf in all black). Since the wolf was black and the background couldn't be something colorful or any vibrant color I used a black background to contrast and to make the picture more eye catching. I used the website from one of my earlier posts to create my magazine tittle, and I put it on a white font but after picturing what color font my story previews were going to be (I was thinking white) I looked up online which color went best with the black and white palette and the combination with red caught my eye the most.

After figuring out my color palette, I moved on to my story previews. That was the challenging part since coming up with clever and tattoo related story lines is not something I have done before. One of my story lines I did a preview of my two page spread. I had first put "Max's Memory as Body Art" because I really liked how it sounded, but then a better idea popped into my head and so I changed it to "Max's Memory Permanent On Us." Additionally, I did another preview based on the picture of my friend Juan, my friend who I got to use the Inkbox, which I'm most likely going to use for my table of contents. Lastly, my last story line I had to come up with it, I searched up on google "annual tattoo shows" because I wanted to give some sort of incentive for people to look and check out my magazine so this website came up of an annual tattoo expo. This was perfect to write down as one of my story lines saying something like "Win up to 20 tickets..." which is exactly what I wrote.

After having my title, my cover picture, and my preview story lines down I went ahead to take care of the small stuff. For instance, I wrote at the top write my blog name "Tattoo Obsession" and to the left corner I wrote the Issue number. I also, chose a barcode that was an option in Canva and placed it in the bottom right, right under the previews. After all was done I figured there was something missing, maybe like a catch phrase or something, and to be honest it took me a while to think of something as catchy as "Think it, Ink it" which I used right under my magazine title AND SO WELL, THAT WAS IT... MY THOUGHT PROCESS AND THE CREATION PROCESS OF MY COVER AND HERE IS THE END RESULT.


Sources:
"132+ Results for Tattoo Magazine." Tattoo Magazine () - Abstract Fonts. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Apr. 2017.
"Black And White Color Schemes - Black And White Color Palettes." Black And White Color Schemes | Black And White Color Combinations | Black And White Color Palettes. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Apr. 2017.
"New to Canva? Sign Up!" Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software – Canva. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Apr. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment